Following Paul's death, Ivey took over the operations of the company. With the help of her father, U. J. Bacon, and her brother, Gerald C. Bacon, and the many good people of Pembroke and the surrounding telephone companies, she managed to keep the phone company running. Mr. Harvey continued the cable installations and the company survived.
In the company's 1951 Annual Report to the Public Service commission, Pembroke Telephone Company reported that it had added long distance circuits and 265 new telephone lines. In March of 1955, the company converted to dial service. By 1960, the company had outgrown its existing equipment and offices. In October 1961, the company built a new office building that housed new CAMA Trunks that provided direct distance dial service. Pembroke Telephone Company was recognized as the first independent Telephone Company in Georgia to provide this service.
Pembroke Telephone Company continued to grow as more people and businesses moved out of metropolitan Savannah and into rural North Bryan County and the surrounding area. In 1974, the company expanded to a spot near Interstate 16 and built the Ellabell Central Office. From this position, the company was able to expand service into Eldora and Morgan's Bridge. By 1984, with continued growth and advancing technology, digital equipment was installed in Pembroke and Ellabell replacing the old analogue system.